I stuck to the plan
50 hexagons would give a nice layout for the blanket but it would be quite small. It looks like it would be the perfect size for a pram or a car seat but I was hoping for a blanket that the new baby Collins would be able to use for a little longer.
I've also figured out a half hexagon to fill in along the top and bottom but I couldn't work out how to fill in the sides. I used photoshop to mock up the layout so that I could get an even distribution of colours when I sew them together. Now that I see it, I think the little points will be cute.
All I need to do now is keep adding to my stack of blocks. 77 down, 18 to go!