Skip to main content

Posts

Featured

I stuck to the plan

It appears that writing down a plan online makes me pull my finger out and get things done. As planned, I used the first ball of cotton to work out that I could comfortably get 10 hexagons out of each 50g ball, giving me 50 hexagons in total.


50 hexagons would give a nice layout for the blanket but it would be quite small. It looks like it would be the perfect size for a pram or a car seat but I was hoping for a blanket that the new baby Collins would be able to use for a little longer.
I made a quick trip back to Hobbycraft and bought a second ball of each colour and set off crocheting again. I think I'll go for 19 hexagons of each colour for the main body of the blanket making it double the size of the first plan.


I've also figured out a half hexagon to fill in along the top and bottom but I couldn't work out how to fill in the sides. I used photoshop to mock up the layout so that I could get an even distribution of colours when I sew them together. Now that I see it, I…

Latest posts

Learning to plan

New Pattern Alert!!!

Christmas Knitting

FO Friday - Free Crochet Pattern

Work in Progress Wednesday #7 - Oops I did it again!

Work in Progress Wednesday #6

The Battle of the Arans

Work in Progress Wednesday #5

I'm on a roll! (free pattern)

Work in Progress Wednesday #4